Learning from history
With its striking brick detailing and quaint original paired ‘boys and girls’ entrances and staircases, Tennyson House looks the epitome of a mid-Victorian school house. Built in 1871 - 1872, it was designed to provide an education facility for local children.
Today, Tennyson House is home to a collection of just eight highly desirable and roomy two bedroom apartments. With gardens and private outside areas on the ground floor, and balconies to two, first floor apartments, the high ceilings, generous proportions and impressive entrance halls create a very favourable, light-filled, living environment.