Laureate Gardens is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us or other companies within the Amber Group, what we will use it for and with whom we share it. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. Laureate Gardens Limited is the primary data controller. Registered in England No 08137617 Registered Office: 3 More London Riverside, London SE1 2AQ Tel: 020 7939 0550.
Laureate Gardens may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 31 January 2018.
In this Policy the term “Data Protection Legislation” means all applicable legislation relating to privacy or data protection in force from time to time, including any statute or statutory provision which amends, extends, implements, consolidates or replaces the same, and in particular to the extent applicable and without limitation the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”), the GDPR as it forms part of the domestic law of the United Kingdom by virtue of the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018 and the Data Protection Act 2018. The terms “personal data”, “controller”, and “process” (and its derivatives) shall have the meanings given to them in the Data Protection Legislation.
COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect, record and use information about you in physical and electronic form and will hold, use and otherwise process it in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation and as set out in this policy. We may collect or obtain such information because you give it to us (for example by filling in a form on our Website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise), or because other people give that information to us on your behalf. It includes personal data you provide when you register on the Website for us to contact you, and when you report a problem with our Website.
If any information which you provide to us relates to a third party (such as a friend, spouse or other family member), by providing us with their personal data you confirm that you have obtained any necessary permissions from such persons to the reasonable use of their personal data in accordance with the above provisions, or are otherwise permitted to give us this information.
The personal data we collect and process may include:
• your name;
• your contact information such as your home address email address and telephone number;
• any other information about you that you disclose to us when registering your interest via the Website. and
• your IP address, your browser type and language and other information about your visit to our website.
The personal data we collect may also include so called ‘sensitive’ or ‘special categories’ of personal data, such as details about your health. We will usually seek separate permission from you in writing to process such personal data.
If you fail to provide us with your personal data, or you object to us processing such information, we may not be able to fulfil our agreement with you (such as to send you the information you requested).
We do not carry out automated decision-making or profiling in relation to your personal information.
USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We, or another company in the Amber Group, may collect, hold and use information about you in the following ways and for the following purposes:
• to manage and respond to any request you submit through our Website;
• to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us (for example to send you our brochure);
• to contact you by telephone, post or email about products, developments or services that may be relevant to you, including information about other properties we may develop, unless you indicate at any time that you do not wish us to do so;
• for research purposes; and
• to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
SHARING AND TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We work with third parties to research certain usage and activities on our Website on our behalf. No personal information about you is shared, however in the course of conducting this research these third parties may place a unique ‘cookie’ on your browser.
Laureate Gardens also reserves the right to disclose information relating to individuals in order to comply with applicable law, and legitimate government or other regulatory requests.
We will ensure that, if we share your information with third parties, any such disclosure complies at all times with Data Protection Legislation.
We will not generally transfer personal information about you in our possession to countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or to any country not deemed to provide adequate protection of personal data. If we, or our permitted third parties, do transfer your personal data outside the EEA in certain circumstances (for example because we have to provide such information by law), we or they will put in place appropriate safeguards to ensure that your personal data remains adequately protected.
LEGAL GROUNDS FOR USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Data Protection Legislation requires us to inform you of the legal grounds on which we rely in order to process your personal data. We rely on one or more of the following lawful grounds:
• you have explicitly agreed to us processing your information for a specific reason or purpose (for example when you register your details on our Website);
• the processing is necessary for us to take steps to enter into an agreement with you; and/or
• the processing is necessary for the purposes of a legitimate interest pursued by us, including to keep you informed about products, developments or services that may be relevant to you, including information about other properties we may develop (unless you indicate at any time that you do not wish us to do so); to protect our business interests; or to evaluate, develop or improve our services.
To the extent that we process any special categories of data relating to you for any of the purposes outlined above, we will generally do so because you have given us your explicit consent to process that data.
Please note that in certain circumstances it may be still lawful for us to continue processing your information even where you have withdrawn your consent, if one of the other legal bases described above is applicable.
PROTECTING AND KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only keep the information we collect about you for as long as required for the purposes set out above or as required to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject. We will normally delete your personal data after 7 years, but may retain your information for longer than this, provide it is permitted for a legal, regulatory or other legitimate business purpose. We will regularly review our files to check that information is accurate, up-to-date and still required.
All data is stored securely and security measures and procedures are in place relating to the storage and disclosure of information to prevent unauthorised access. However, although we use appropriate security measures once we have received your personal data, the transmission of data over the internet (including by e-mail) is never completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to us or by us.
At any time, you have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
• to be informed about the processing of your personal data (i.e. for what purposes, what types, to what recipients it is disclosed, storage periods, any third party sources from it was obtained, confirmation of whether we undertake automated decision-making, including profiling, and the logic, significance and envisaged consequences);
• to request access to or a copy of any personal data which we hold about you;
• to ask that we update the personal data we hold about you or correct such personal data that you think is incorrect or incomplete;
• to ask us to delete your personal data, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it;
• to object to your personal data being processed in certain circumstances; and
• to request not to be subject to a decision based on automated processing and to have safeguards put in place if you are being profiled based on your personal data.
• to ask us to transfer a copy of your personal data to you or to another service provider or third party where technically feasible;
• to withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on previously obtained consent);
• to ask us to stop or start sending you marketing messages by using the below contact details;
We aim to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate at all times. To assist us in ensuring that your information is up to date, do let us know if any of your personal details change. We will correct any incorrect or incomplete information and will stop processing your personal data, or erase it, where there is no legal reason for us to continue to hold or use that information.
Any request for access to or a copy of your personal data must be in writing and we will endeavour to respond within a reasonable period and in any event within one month in compliance with Data Protection Legislation. We will comply with our legal obligations as regards your rights as a data subject.
If you have any queries regarding privacy issues or if you wish to raise a complaint about how we are using your personal data, then please write to us at Laureate Gardens Limited, 3 More London Riverside, London, SE1 2AQ or telephone us on 020 7939 0550. To ensure that we carry out your instructions accurately, to help us continually improve our service and in the interests of security, we may monitor and/or record your telephone calls with us. All recordings are our sole property. Please see the Terms and conditions for more details on the use of our Website.
If you do not wish us to contact you, you can unsubscribe at any time by selecting the ‘unsubscribe’ option you will find at the bottom of any marketing emails you receive from Laureate Gardens, or by emailing CIO@amberinfrastructure.com or writing to Laureate Gardens Limited, 3 More London Riverside, London, SE1 2AQ requesting that you no longer wish to be contacted by Laureate Gardens or any third parties authorised to act on our behalf.
If you have concerns about our use of your information, you also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office, which regulates and supervises the use of personal data in the UK.